Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thursday, the 28th thru Sunday the 2nd of March!


Back to catch up from last week. Last Thursday, I hosted Book Club at our house. It was great. I made chicken burritos and veggie burritos along with chips, salsa and guacamole to munch on. I also bought a few bottles of different wines. It turned out to be a great girl’s night. We all decided on a new book. We picked something different from last month’s reading. We are now reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, we’ll see how I like this one as I am not opposed to trying something new. It is fiction and I usually prefer one’s based on true stories or something you can learn from. While we were all at my place, Ryan went out with a couple of his buddies.

Friday and Saturday Ryan and I just stayed in, did laundry and relaxed. Saturday night Ryan and I were invited by one of our neighbors to see the Temptations play at the Paramount. They were actually VERY good! They played all their great old songs like “My Girl” etc. There is only one original left in the group. But they were all still amazing. After the show, we went to Siips and enjoyed some wine and cheese at the newest Charlottesville Wine Bar.

Sunday, Ryan and I went to church and then tried Brunch at this place downtown called Bluegrass Grill & Bakery. It was extremely good. I totally recommend it! We did have to wait, but it was well worth it! After brunch we headed to Grammie’s/Nuns’ place to visit her. She was in the hospital last week, but now seems to be doing much better. It was nice to chat with her. I think I might be cooking dinner for her early next week. We will see how she is feeling. I want to make sure I don’t veer from her diet restrictions too, so I will have to see what is off limits to be sure she gets the healthy meal. After our visit with her Ryan went to play 9 holes of golf at Spring Creek with Michael and I went home to nap. When Ryan came home we had left over burritos for dinner and watched my shows on our new TV!

This week we are busy working and then Wednesday, UVA plays Duke which we will be attending and then Thursday we are supposed to be having dinner with a donor. And then before we know it, it is Friday again! Well we hope you all have a blessed week! We love you all!

No comments: