skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hello again, I guess I will begin where I left off, which was prior to my trip to Charlotte.
Thursday, March 13th, I left straight from work and began driving down to Charlotte, NC to meet Ryan for the ACC tournament. I had a much longer drive than anticipated since I ran into lot of traffic on 81. I was stopped or going maybe 5mph for about an hour or so, so by the time I reached our hotel I was pooped. I went in, showered and got ready for bed and by that time, Ryan had just arrived from downtown. We were placed at a hotel which was nice, but in the outskirts some. The Cavaliers lost, this night, so I unfortunately didn't get to see them play the rest of the weekend.

Friday, the 14th, we went to the VAF breakfast at the Omni downtown and then to the afternoon games were we got to meet Jay and hang out with him for part of the day. I got to see Virginia Tech beat Miami which was nice.
Then we went to a an ACC dinner/snack for us since we were meeting NC State folks later on for dinner we didn’t want to eat too much and be too full. After that we went back to the Omni Hotel to see if there was any possibility of switching from our hotel farther out to the Omni downtown. And come to find out they did have a room for us which was great for convenience. So, after many phone conversations, we were able to switch. We then road the Lynx, the new Charlotte transit system (VERY NICE), to the Restaurant which was where we were meeting Ryan’s NC State friends for dinner. We ate at a Japanese Steakhouse, which was so good and then Media and her husband took us to our first hotel to pack up our bags and check-out. Then we packed our car and moved down into the Omni. We literally dropped our bags and then left to go meet Graham at his sweet condo in downtown Charlotte. It was literally two blocks from the Omni, so everything so nice and convenient. We then went out with him, Shooter, Jess and Sarah (who had just come in that night). We had a blast and there are a few pictures to prove it.
Then we went back to the hotel before long and headed to bed after a long day.
Saturday, the 15th, we woke up and Ryan and I went on a run outside since the workout room was so small and all the machines were in use. On our way back from the run we got to stop and watch part of their St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which ran just outside the Omni. Before long we went in to grab some breakfast, which became a aggravating. The food took just about an hour to get to us and meanwhile Ryan was dealing with ticket issues and I was trying to book an appointment for a massage at the spa. Since it took so long, Ryan went up to shower and get ready for the games. I asked for our food to go to take up to our rooms so at least Ryan could try and scarf some of it down before he went to do his job. He left for the arena a bit early to deal with the ticket issues he had on hand. Then I got ready and headed to the arena to meet him. We were able to sit in the suite with Jess and Sarah which was very nice! I got to sit first row of the suite to watch my Hokies play UNC and of course they had to lose by 1 point; it was depressing, but at least they tried hard!
After the game it was pouring, but I had to head back to the hotel for my massage. I got and there and it was so nice to get that done; I was overdue and hadn’t had one since our honeymoon! Then I came back to the hotel took about a 20 min nap before Ryan walked in the door. I showered quickly and got ready for dinner. Ryan and I went down to the lobby to meet Brian, Brian, Jess and Sarah. We ended up walking out of the hotel and eating at Brixx Pizza which was very good and then we headed to a few bars downtown. We had another great time! After our night we went back to the hotel and crashed.
Sunday, the 16th, we woke up in the AM and got ready, packed and checked-out. Ryan came with me to get my Starbucks and then we left town. We of course stopped at Concord Mills Mall on our way home. We looked around had lunch and bought a couple items. And then Ryan drove me back home. We had Bojangles for dinner of course on our way. Once we got home, we were pooped. We unpacked and got ready for bed. I then met Kyle to pick up our Abby girl; she stayed with him all weekend. She was great and it was so nice to see her. We had a wonderful nights rest!
Now this week has gone by so fast. We haven’t had anything exciting going on other than our normal routine. Kyle may come over tomorrow and be with us for Easter. Other than that I do not believe we have any other plans. Well I hope everyone has a fabulous Easter Weekend! I am off on Monday! YEA!
Hugs and Kisses to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment