Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Last Weekend of March / 1st of April

Thursday, March 27th I had book/wine club and this month it was hosted by Erin (my neighbor and friend up the street), so I didn’t have far to go. Of course when you get a group of girls together for dinner and wine we talk about anything and everything. The main topic for this evening was babies and come to find out I caused Erin to spill the beans and she told us she was pregnant. She had literally just found out and hadn’t even told her parents or in-laws yet. She went to the doctors the following day to find out how far along she was and she was 8 weeks. So exciting, now for the next few months we have our book to discuss plus Erin’s baby. We were all so happy for her and cannot wait to see her progress! Anyways after all of that great news we did get to discuss our last sad book and select another. Our new book is Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer. Hopefully I will be able to read this one with ease, plus it is shorter, so maybe I will have time to see the movie too before our next get-together. During this evening Ryan stayed home with Abby and got some additional work done. He was able to spend quality time to himself.

Friday, March 28th Ryan and I went about our days as usual going to work and then working out afterwards. Once we got home Ryan said he wanted to go to dinner with me instead of eating in. He wanted to get out since he had a long week. Work is tough and stressful on him now. So the two of us tried a new restaurant on the Corner, we went to Three. It was very good. We enjoyed our time together. After dinner we headed home to hang out with Abby and then went to bed after the NCAA basketball games finished. We slept in the next morning.

Saturday, March 29th, after waking up a little later than we should have, I vacuumed the house and tried to tidy up while Ryan mowed the lawn. Then we showered to get ready for Lisa and Dave’s arrival. They were coming in town for just the day and night to stay with us and go to Sarah’s going away party at Capps’ House. We went to lunch with them when they arrived and caught up on all the good news. Lisa is 3 months pregnant too. So we had a lot to talk about with that. We are really excited for Lisa and Dave! Lisa of course was our designated driver. ;) She is so cute and I know will be a great mom! They just moved closer to us into Maryland. So hopefully we will now get to see each other more since they are no longer in NYC. Well I do have some photos of the party. We enjoyed ourselves and loved being able to spend time with Dave and Lisa.

I also have a few ultrasound pictures of baby Maloney. So cute.

Oh and I believe I forgot to mention in the last entry that Renee and Chris are expecting as well. We found out the evening of March 24th. She is 8 weeks pregnant as well meaning we will God willing see our new baby cousin during our Correa Christmas. We are excited. So fun with all the great news!

Sunday, March 30th Kendra’s 25th Birthday! Yea! Happy Birthday Kendra! We woke up early to go to breakfast with Lisa and Dave at The Nook. Then they left and we went back home to vedge and nap after a long night. I napped for about an hour and then left to meet Maddie and Sara (she was in town from Wilmington) so we could catch up. Then they came back to the house. Sara hadn’t seen it yet. Josh and Joshua James came to pick up Maddie from my home so I got to see baby Joshua James too. He is a cutie and so sweet. Then Sara had to head back traveling and Josh, Maddie and Joshua James left too. Not too long after Ryan and I had dinner at home, watched some TV shows and I scrapbooked a little more and then headed to bed after an adventurous weekend.
This past Monday and Tuesday we were back to our regular routines with work, workout and dinner at home and tonight will be the same. Tuesday the 1st of April, Kyle found out he got his summer job. He will be working for UVA, so gets to stay in Charlottesville. I love having him in town and I know Abby is happy too; she loves him soo much! This means Kyle will be able to spend more time with Ryan and I and he will be 21!!! YEA! Tomorrow, Thursday April 3rd Ryan is being treated to a nice dinner with his co-workers for putting up with the craziness at work. No spouses were invited to this dinner, so I will miss Ryan, but maybe I can get some more scrapbooking done (sometimes it seems never ending). We are not sure what our weekend plans are yet, but I will be back on blogging I am sure sometime next week. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments: